dimecres, 16 de maig del 2018

IZABELLE'S LETTER





My name is Izabelle, I am almost twenty years old, and I grew up on Mitkof Island in the small
coastal fishing village of Petersburg, Alaska. Growing up in rural Alaska surrounded by
mountains and glacial waters sparked my passion for the outdoors. I really like to hike, camp,
kayak, and spend time outside. After graduating from Petersburg High School, I moved across
the United States to attend Williams College in Williamstown, Massachusetts. My major is
currently undecided, but I am considering Biology and Spanish with a concentration in Public
Health. My second home is in the Czech Republic, the homeland of my mother, where we
frequently spend our summer months with my grandmother. I speak fluent Czech and have both
United States and Czech Republic citizenship.
In high school I competitively pursued running, swimming, and dancing, and I love to practice
yoga in my free time. When I graduated high school I was not ready to stop competitive sports,
so I was recruited to Williams College to be on the track and field team. I am currently training
for the heptathlon, so sports and studying take up almost all of my time. I am a very friendly,
outgoing, and positive person that learns fast and works hard. I have an easy-going personality,
like spending time with kids, and enjoy independently exploring the streets of new cities. My
mother and I love to take short backpacking trips while in Europe for the summer, and three
years ago I hiked part of the Camino de Santiago. I think this is when I started to fall in love with
Spain and found a desire to learn the language. As my first year of university slowly comes to a
close, I look forward to a summer filled with new experiences and adventures.
2018

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada